Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
x_member
Contributor

Subscription renewals and geographic location

Can anyone help me with a subscription renewal question please?

Are subscriptions tied to geographic region? i.e. if purchasing through a reseller must they be used in the region that they were bought in? 

Is there any reason why I could not (for example) buy a subscription renewal through a US reseller to use in France?

12 REPLIES 12
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

FYI, with my German distributor I have to supply the serial number for which I want to buy a FG renewal. As a bundle renewal always contains FortiCare as well I imagine it might be difficult to "export" these renewals into different regions/continents (but I haven't asked yet).

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
x_member

ede_pfau wrote:

FYI, with my German distributor I have to supply the serial number for which I want to buy a FG renewal. As a bundle renewal always contains FortiCare as well I imagine it might be difficult to "export" these renewals into different regions/continents (but I haven't asked yet).

We did supply the serial number and I've applied the renewal code to the asset without issue (so far); I guess we will see what happens when the original entitlement for the unit expires in 2 months.

x_member

Just to follow up - the renewal occurred last Saturday and all seems well; the asset entitlement shows the new expiration date and updates have continued on the device.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors