Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mendragol
New Contributor

Silent fan for Fortigate 200A

Hi, I would like to replace both fans of my Fortigate 200A device because they are too noisy. It' s a Sunon KD1204PKB1 and a Y.S. Tech FD124010MB fan. Which properties have to be equal so the Fortigate doesn' t responds with a fan alert? Can you recommend some silent fans which should work? Thank you very much. Cheers, Mendragol
2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

if you really want to do this then be aware that this will void your warranty. Both fans suffer from the small physical dimensions, they are 40x40x20 mm only. For decent throughput they have to have high rpms and that makes noise. here are the specs for the Sunon: http://www.xpcgear.com/40suhispfakd.html and the YS Tech: http://www.ibfnet.de/pc/643064-fd124010mb-1a5-ekl-kugellagerluefter-ys-tech-fd124010mb-1a5-12-v-40-x-40-x-10-mm.htm which only is 10 mm thick. Both are rated at 27 dB(A) which surprisingly isn' t that noisy. Both deliver a " tacho signal" (which I can' t translate well now), i.e. a feedback how fast they' re turning. Replacements should at least deliver the same throughput (in cubic feet per minute, cfm), run on 12 volts, have the same dimensions and offer the feedback signal. I don' t know what your home market is but there should be offerings for this. In the PC area these tiny fans are used for hard disk enclosures. I researched this topic a while ago and found that fans from Xilence would match. But I never could get a hold on these.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Mendragol
New Contributor

Hi Ede Thank you very much for your fast answer. For me it seems like my Sunon fan makes much more noise than the YS Tech fan. Perhaps I just have to replace it with a new fan of the same model to solve my problem. But first I' ll see if one of the Xilence fans will do the trick even better. Grüsse aus der Schweiz Mendragol
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors