Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dirty_white_hat
New Contributor

Security Rating - Interface Classification for FortiLink

So the security rating suggests that I apply an interface Classification for all interfaces including FortiLink. What if the FortiLink contains different interfaces that each have their own classification?

What should the classification be set to for the parent FortiLink object?

3 REPLIES 3
DaniKust
New Contributor

Same problem here
81F 6.4.13

Clasified all the VLAN's under my fortilink. run security rating again and still asking to set clasification for fotilink.

When editing the fortilink in gui the option to clasifie the interface is hiden. - probably makes sens as fortinet should set the fortilink clasisfication at time of creation for a "system type interface".

from the security rating chose DMZ > not sure if it's right - will update when i know more

Would be great if the defaukt VLAN's like "fortilink", "video.fortilink", "ssl.root" etc. that are auto created could receive they're interface clasification directly when generate.

Why do we need to clasify fortilink it's dedicated to fortiswitch only...

DaniKust
New Contributor

81F > v6.4.14 build2093 (GA) 
problem still present

ebilcari
Staff
Staff

I guess you still need to identify them as LAN or DMZ (7.2.4), you can have multiple FortiLink interfaces on the same FGT. VLAN interfaces still can be used for different purposes independently. 

flink.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors