Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Baya
New Contributor II

SSL-VPN automatic resolution screen not working after 7.0.4 firmware upgrade

After updating, all our SSL-VPN RDP clients complained because their session stopped auto-scaling the resolution on their browser. Have someone found a way to make this unintended behaivor stop? We could not find any way to made it like it was befor patching. We were specting that 7.0.5 could fix it but i dont see any mention in the log page...

2 Solutions
gt1
New Contributor II

Found how to solve this. You must go in to each SSL VPN Portal and set the Width and Height to 0. 

Command:

FIREWALL (web-access) # show full-configuration | grep window
set default-window-width 1024
set default-window-height 768

FIREWALL (web-access) # set default-window-width 0

FIREWALL (web-access) # set default-window-height 0

FIREWALL (web-access) # end

Then you must change your bookmarks to 0 and 0 for height and width and full screen works again.

View solution in original post

DTG-POLE-ARCHI

Hello, I found how to solve my issue (seems like a bug):

1. from SSL-VPN-Portals, select your portal, then click on "Edit in CLI"
  2. remove the reference to width and hight :

config bookmark-group
edit "gui-bookmarks"
config bookmarks
edit "YOUR BOOKMARK"
set width 0
set height 0
end

• Click again on "Edit in CLI"
  • Add the default-window-width:

set default-window-width 0
set default-window-height 0
end

• Then, I had to click on "Cancel" (not "OK"). If I click on "Ok", my changes are not taken into account.

See https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Adjusting-width-amp-height-for-RDP-bookmar... for more informations.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 
Thank you for using Fortinet Community. 

The FortiOS 7.0.4 release notes contains the following information:

747602  - Allow customization of RDP display size (width and height settings) for SSL VPN web mode w...

The following are the CLI reference for:

Please let me know if this works for you :)

Baya
New Contributor II

Hello ibinmohdishak,

First of all, thanks for the quick answer. Sadly I have already read the links you put there. I guess the misunderstanding is because this is not my native language. I would try to express myself better.

The issue is that we cannot find a configuration for the automatic resize resolution on the SSL VPN web (that uses RDP). As you can see in the documentation there is a way to manually configure the screen width and height:

width

Screen width .

integer

Minimum value: 640 Maximum value: 65535

height

Screen height .

integer

Minimum value: 480 Maximum value: 65535

Before 7.0.4 this was done automatically, now all our RDP conections apparently need fixed values. Because of covid, a big part of our users are working on their home computers, they all have different size monitors and, as you can assume, it is not an option to manually set all users. We update it because the documentation explicity said that this was only done when creating a new connection or bookmark:

Allow customization of RDP display size (width and height settings) for SSL VPN web mode when creating a new connection or bookmark. Administrators can also specify the display size when pre-configuring bookmarks.

But this is sadly not true :(, the already configured users have been all changed to this new fixed values automatically. I hope we're just misreading something!

gt1
New Contributor II

We have the same problem and can no longer upgrade our firewalls due to the screen size not working. 7.2.0 did not fix the problem. Why would they change something that has worked perfect for so long?

gt1
New Contributor II

Found how to solve this. You must go in to each SSL VPN Portal and set the Width and Height to 0. 

Command:

FIREWALL (web-access) # show full-configuration | grep window
set default-window-width 1024
set default-window-height 768

FIREWALL (web-access) # set default-window-width 0

FIREWALL (web-access) # set default-window-height 0

FIREWALL (web-access) # end

Then you must change your bookmarks to 0 and 0 for height and width and full screen works again.

Baya
New Contributor II

Thank you gt1, it worked just fine after upgrading to 7.2.0 (those modifiers cannot be set on older firmware). 

shayempour
New Contributor

Hi, How do you get to that part of the configurations to put in the codes?

gt1
New Contributor II

config vpn ssl web portal

edit web-access

DTG-POLE-ARCHI

Hello,

Yesterday, we put firmware 7.2.3.

We try du configure default-window-width 0 et default-window-height 0 for all VDOM.

I put my bookmark width 0 and height 0.

But it doesn't work...

DTG-POLE-ARCHI

Hello, I found how to solve my issue (seems like a bug):

1. from SSL-VPN-Portals, select your portal, then click on "Edit in CLI"
  2. remove the reference to width and hight :

config bookmark-group
edit "gui-bookmarks"
config bookmarks
edit "YOUR BOOKMARK"
set width 0
set height 0
end

• Click again on "Edit in CLI"
  • Add the default-window-width:

set default-window-width 0
set default-window-height 0
end

• Then, I had to click on "Cancel" (not "OK"). If I click on "Ok", my changes are not taken into account.

See https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Adjusting-width-amp-height-for-RDP-bookmar... for more informations.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors