Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Petras
New Contributor

SSL VPN and memory usage

Hi, I have FortiGate 111C v5.0,build0271 (GA Patch 6). There is SSL VPN configured. One time it has gone down. I couldn' t connect through SSL VPN. I connected through IPsec VPN and saw that memory useage reached 80%. I find out that scanunitd process use lot of memory. I restarted scanunitd process and memory usage decreased till 38%. And looked that problem solved, I could connect through SSL VPN. But after week same problem occurred. So something wrong with scanunitd. Any suggestions? Ty.
2 REPLIES 2
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

There are some known issues with how scanunitd uses the memory and as I understand v5.0.9 has a few patches to fix those issues. If you can upgrade to this version than I' d suggest to do it to get them fixed. If not, then run the following few commands and log a support ticket. #diag deb crashlog read #diag sys top-summary #diag sys top 2 50 //press ' q' after 30 seconds to stop. #diag hardware sysinfo shm #diag hardware sysinfo memory #diag hardware sysinfo slab #diag test app scanunit 3 #diag test app scanunit 4 #get test scanunit 3 #get test scanunit 4
Petras
New Contributor

Ty for info. I' ll try upgrade to new version.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors