Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Williamhawk
New Contributor

SSL-DPI = Bane of my Existence!

Hello Everyone, Anyone else have are really hard time with SSL-DPI with applications such as but not limited to Dropbox, MS S4B (Skype for Business), WebEx, GotoMeeting, OMG APPLE!... I spent the last few days writing a rather large custom configuration script that creates the address book objects (FQDNS and *Wildcards) and associated Address Grps. I was thinking about sharing it for other unfortunate souls like me who struggle with SSL-DPI.. This file is written for FortiOS 5.2.9, but will work in 5.4.1 however the "set color #" will be green instead of "Red' for 5.4.1; also 5.4.1 will convert the wildcards from "set FQDN" to "set wildcard-FQDN" automatically. Even though I use our Domain CA Cert from our Trusted Domain CA, applications like Dropbox/WebEx/GotoMeeting etc. do not trust it... so.. it breaks... To get around this problem, I've discovered that exceptions MUST be made in order for these apps to work. Any Idea , Suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks, I didn't find the right solution from the internet. References:http://forums.fortinetgur...-Bane-of-my-Existence! advertising examples
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors