Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rendyadnant
New Contributor

SNMP failed to match community

I already connect SNMP with PRTG and shown the data on their dashboard such as bandwith and port status (UP / Down).

But in System Event still have message "SNMP failed to match community"

The question is, how can delete that message cause every hour always shown that.

SNMP.PNG

Thank you for your attention

1 Solution
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Thank you for your question. If you deleted all communities on FortiGate, firewall will still be able to receive SNMP request. If you want to stop it, disable SNMP on interface that it is being received and disable SNMP agent. In that case any SNMP traffic will be dropped by default.

Adrian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Get the details of the log message, it will tell you (at least) the community used.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Thank you for your question. If you deleted all communities on FortiGate, firewall will still be able to receive SNMP request. If you want to stop it, disable SNMP on interface that it is being received and disable SNMP agent. In that case any SNMP traffic will be dropped by default.

Adrian
rendyadnant

Thank you Mr. Akristof,

If i want to disable those message from System Event, is it possible without setting on Log setting -> event logging --> uncheck "system activity event" ?

i mean, is there any configuration in CLI maybe for just disable those message (Failed to match Community)?

Failed to match Community.PNG

akristof

Hi,

Never tried it, but filter should be able to do it:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.1/cli-reference/386620/log-fortianalyzer-filter

Based on your logging device (disk, faz, memory) you should be able to filter it with custom filter:

config log disk filter

set filter logid(id_of_log) - log id of this failed community log

Adrian
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors