Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
asifsujon
New Contributor II

Recipient Verification

• Observed that using my domain address like xxx@xxx.com having the bad IP, multiple emails has been send to bulgaria, japan etc. How to resolve that issue.

Islam
Islam
1 Solution
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Islam

You cannot stop spammers activity.

Instead, check your SPF, it should contain "-all" at the end in order to instruct other mail servers/gateway to reject any mail from non-legitimate IP addresses.

Then the other mail servers/gateways (if well configured) will reject any email sent on behalf of your domain from a non-legitimate IP address.

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
7 REPLIES 7
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

@asifsujon 
Can you please clarify a little bit the situation? it is very general query with no details what happens. what do you mean by bad IPs, what do you mean by using my domain address? where do you use your domain address? what emails are sent to different countries? where do these emails originate from?

asifsujon
New Contributor II

@xshkurti 

assume that my domain is asif@test.com.

Now any user from external world, using a user like x@test.com (which is not a valid user of my domain test.com) using my smtp ip and port and give email to some others external domain like x@testing.com, that time I observed that mail has been successfully sent.

Now, as x is not a valid user of my domain and the IP using by the user also not my IP, how to stop those types of activity.

However, now implement an access control policy for that, like if anyone wants to give email, his IP will be checked first, if his IP is not my Domain IP, then the mail will be rejected.

Regards

Islam

Islam
Islam
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Is it sent from your public IP?

AEK
AEK
asifsujon
New Contributor II

No, Spammers using their own IP address. They just use a nonsexist domain id like x@test.com of my domain test.com and also use my SMTP IP and Port. 

Regards

Islam

Islam
Islam
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Islam

You cannot stop spammers activity.

Instead, check your SPF, it should contain "-all" at the end in order to instruct other mail servers/gateway to reject any mail from non-legitimate IP addresses.

Then the other mail servers/gateways (if well configured) will reject any email sent on behalf of your domain from a non-legitimate IP address.

AEK
AEK
ElvaHudson
New Contributor

Thank you, I will do it as you said.

asifsujon
New Contributor II

Thank you very much, I have already implemented access control policy for that after seeing the incident. Now it's working absolutely fine.

Islam
Islam
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors