Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rayha
New Contributor III

Re-direct loop to login page

Hi all,

Has anyone encountered when you successfully login, it does not direct you to the fortigate main page but to the login page again? I tried several times on the edge and chrome and the result still the same. I am accessing this direct from internet

I had no such issue when i access via the management port. 

Anything to do with my browser settings?

1 REPLY 1
pminarik
Staff
Staff

This has been known to happen when the standard TCP/80/443 ports for HTTP/HTTPS are proxied by some other network device in-between, changing the source MAC address of the packets, but the captive portal ports (by default 1000/1003) are not. by default authenticated sessions are bound to both the IP and the MAC addr, which is disrupted by that sort of proxying.

You can confirm this by running a packet capture on the FortiGate for a given client, focusing on the 80/443/1000/1003 ports, and checking if the src MAC changes. If yes, you will need to apply the following change:

config user setting

set auth-src-mac disable

end

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Note-Authentication-Page-Looping-Issue/ta-p/19...

[ corrections always welcome ]
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors