Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sirride
New Contributor

Ping within subnet

I have a FortiGate 50E with a FortiSwitch 124E-FPOE 

I have a client subnet on the switch with my clients, a NAS and a printer

In addition, i have a vlan for VoIP and IPSec VPN

I can ping across all all Subnets, but not within the client subnet. e.g. client to printer

I can ping from outside the client subnet (from Wlan, from IPSec etc) to the NAS and the printer

I can ping from my client subnet to all other subnets

But I can not ping from the client subnet to other systems in the client subnet.

What do i need to change?

1 Solution
Seppel

could it be possible you have enabled Access VLAN on your Client VLAN?

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager

FortiEMS

FortiSandbox 1000D

FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager FortiEMS FortiSandbox 1000D FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------
5 REPLIES 5
yunus56
New Contributor

Hello

Please check your policies and pbr rules on fortigate. it seems ttaht there is problem is regarding Forti-switch

Seppel

could it be possible you have enabled Access VLAN on your Client VLAN?

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager

FortiEMS

FortiSandbox 1000D

FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager FortiEMS FortiSandbox 1000D FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------
sirride
New Contributor

I don't really understand:

The Clients are in the same Subnet, so there wont be any routings / policies?

sw2090
Honored Contributor

that's the way I know it. Client to Client in the same subnet does not even reach the firewall because the client has a route for that subnet as it has an interface in it. It does not matter if this is a vlan interface or a physical one.

Only traffic that leaves the client's subnet will hit the default gw. 

So I would point to your (Forti)Switch. Maybe it has somethink linke port isolation or similar that prevents ne port from reaching annother (Except from the uplink to the FGT).

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
sirride
New Contributor

I've now disabled "access VLAN" and now it works

Many thanks!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors