Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

PPPOE no DNS?

Hi guys, I would like to use my fortigate device' s DNS functionality as I do not want a dedicated server. It would be good to use DNS on the Fortigate itself. I have a PPPOE connection where in I receive a static IP from the ISP when connected to the internet. While setting the interface in PPPOE mode, I cannot see the DNS option. However, this option is only visible if the interface is set to manual mode. I cannot get my internet working in manual mode i.e. Entering the IP address and so on provided by my ISP. Can someone please be of any help and let me know how I can achieve this? Regards,
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

Here is rough image. I have a modem infront of fortigate 800 set up in PURE BRIDGE mode. Fortigate at the moment it is PPPOE as this is the only way I can connect the internet. Regards,
Maik
New Contributor II

get a router that does your PPPoE infront of your fortigate. Many routers also include a necessary DSL modem. Perhaps you tell use the used ISP technic. I just asume DSL since you mentioned a phone line and asymetric bandwidth in another post. by the way. You probably won' t be happy with the Fortigate as DNS server. did you ever try to change a SOA in the zone hosted on the Fortigate?
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors