Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sebastan_bach
New Contributor

Only allowing TLSv1.2 ssl connections to the internet

Hi, 

I have enabled deep inspection ssl inspection profile on the firewall. We want to control all outbound SSL traffic to use only TLS v1.2 and should drop traffic if any other TLS version is negotiated. 

I could find application ID's related to TLS version and I have created a policy to block TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1 as application. I modified the TLS min and max version in firefox to TLSv1.0 to test. But looks like this is not working. I am not even able to see these application ids in the logs. The websites are working just fine not being blocked. 

is it possible to achieve what we are trying to do?

Regards

Sebastan

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I found this thread from 3 years back.

[link]https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=126854[/link]

sebastan_bach

Thanks looks like the functionality is clearly missing just like it was 3 years ago. 

Regards

Sebastan

hmtay_FTNT

Hello Sebastan,

Can you add the following custom app control signatures and set them to Block?

F-SBID( --name "SSL.SSLv3"; --protocol tcp; --app_cat 15; --service SSL; --flow from_server; --seq =,1,relative; --pattern "|16 03 00|"; --within 3, packet; --pattern "|02|"; --context packet; --distance 2; --within 1; --pattern "|03 00|"; --distance 3; --within 2; --weight 30; )

F-SBID( --name "SSL.TLSv1.0"; --protocol tcp; --app_cat 15; --service SSL; --flow from_server; --seq =,1,relative; --pattern "|16 03 01|"; --within 3, packet; --pattern "|02|"; --context packet; --distance 2; --within 1; --pattern "|03 01|"; --distance 3; --within 2; --weight 30; )

F-SBID( --name "SSL.TLSv1.1"; --protocol tcp; --app_cat 15; --service SSL; --flow from_server; --seq =,1,relative; --pattern "|16 03 02|"; --within 3, packet; --pattern "|02|"; --context packet; --distance 2; --within 1; --pattern "|03 02|"; --distance 3; --within 2; --weight 30; )

Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Homing

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors