Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ipopov
New Contributor

Old FortiAnalyzer Appliance

Hello guys,

We replace our old FAZ 2000B with a vFAZ with appropriate licenses and my question is:

What can I do with the current hardware appliance? Any ideas and (even theoretical) use cases are very welcome coz I don't want to throw in the garbage this hardware.

Can I use it as a regular server for example? If there any ... I don't know... hardware modules installed that would prevent me from using it as a backup server for example?

By regular server, I mean to install generic Linux distribution and setup some common services.

1 REPLY 1
baldchiapet75
New Contributor II

I have an old FAZ 100C and asked a similar question a few months ago and have not gotten an answer from anyone on the forum. I know you can set the FAZ up to just receive syslog from network devices but other than viewing the raw logs you can't do anything else with the data. I would like to know if there is a way to flash other software to the device but I don't think that is possible.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors