Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lhk
New Contributor

Not able to install Forticlient 4.2.6 - rollback action

Hi All My problem is i am trying to install the latest Forticlient 4.2.6 but the installation cannot complete and rollback. I was using using fine with version 4.2.3. Then i uninstall and try out FC LITE 4.3.3 and then uninstall and to try FC 4.2.6 when i hit the problem The error message is as below " Forticlient Endpoint Security Setup ended prematurely because of an error. Your syste, has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard" I have disabled the firewall & the AV when doing the installation I even, clean up all " fortinet" from registry (very desperate action) the FCremove.eve doesnt help either regards and hope someone able to help
2 REPLIES 2
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Could you do the following steps: 1. How many oem*.inf files in the directory " c:\windows\inf" ? 2. Are any of them contains the string " Fortinet" ? If Yes to Q2, delete the oem*.inf and oem*.pnf files from " Fortinet" and re-install again. Let me know how it goes, L.C
Ling Lu
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

BTW, 4.2.7 is the latest 4.2 patch release. You should try it out.
Ling Lu
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors