Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

New Custom Service

Trying to add a custom service and get " Return Error -361" So I can not create a custom service, service name is 4 char and no spaces.... Any Ideas? I have IOS v4.0,build0328,110718 (MR2 Patch 8) don' t really have much opportunity to upgrade when ever, 24/7 shop. Thank you
11 REPLIES 11
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Could you please post the details, and I will set it up myself to test. Running 4.2.8 on a FG-60B.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Not applicable

Sure, From the CLI.... # config firewall service custom <enter> (custom) # edit <name of custom service><enter> Command fail. Return code -361 (custom) # That is basically it. Thank you!
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

of course that worked instantly on my machine...perhaps it' s not the new entry but some existing name that gets stuck. What do you get when you enter ' conf fi ser cu<RET>edit ?' ? This will list all present service names. As FortiOS error messages tend to be cryptic the reason for this might as well be coming from a different corner, e.g. memory consumption. Is there anything special with your setup?
Not applicable

edit does not list the names, show does. The name is original, I have tried random names as well. If I do this from the GUI I get the following error. " The cmdb add entry failed" . Thank you for your time, I do appreciate it.
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

I knew it when I typed it - that little question mark is easy to overlook. ' edit ?' with hitting a question mark will list all possible completions to that command. But ' show' will do as well, for names. If seen a lot of posts here refering to that error message, usually denoting a problem with special characters in an object' s name. But not with v4.2.8. I' ve done some tests and have no problems including German umlauts (woa!) in service names. Do you happen to have blanks in these names? Or other self-created objects?
Not applicable

20 custom services currently, no spaces in the name I am trying. I have tried numbers as well.
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Do you happen to have blanks in these names? Or other self-created objects?
I was not referring to the name you' re trying to insert but to existing ones.
Not applicable

No spaces, some alphanumeric, some with Underscores and some with dots. Thank you
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

From older posts here on the forums I gather that ' error -361' seems to denote a ' configuration limit' error. That is, you are trying to define more custom objects than allowed for your particular model. Now, in the Maxium Values table for v4.00 MR2, there are 1024 custom services allowed on any FGT. Could you try this: delete one other custom service, and try creating a new one?
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors