Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kevin
New Contributor

Monitor SNMP over VPN

I have my VPN's running the way I want, but can't seem to find the right method to enable SNMP access over the VPN.

Actually see the source CACTI server connect over the VPN to the "root" device on the LAN side of the remote fortigate, but it's denied.

How can I enable SNMP access over the VPN from the tunnel interface?

K

1 Solution
doshbass
New Contributor III

Hi Kevin,

You should be able to enable SNMP administrative access to the automatically created VPN interface found under system interface and the physical interface that the VPN is listening on.

You will likely need to give this interface an IP address as well.

Another option, possibly cleaner, would be to create a loopback interface, allow SNMP access to that interface, then create a FW policy allowing SNMP from the VPN interface to the loopback interface

Still learning to type " the"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
doshbass
New Contributor III

Hi Kevin,

You should be able to enable SNMP administrative access to the automatically created VPN interface found under system interface and the physical interface that the VPN is listening on.

You will likely need to give this interface an IP address as well.

Another option, possibly cleaner, would be to create a loopback interface, allow SNMP access to that interface, then create a FW policy allowing SNMP from the VPN interface to the loopback interface

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors