Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kingofdevil
New Contributor

Modem ZTE MF190 does not work

Modem ZTE MF190 Is detected as " ZTE - MF668" so it does not work. What can i do to set the right modemtype?

Fortigate 200D Firmware 5.2.1 build 618

1 REPLY 1
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

That's probably normal but what I did with on a ZTE M667 which reported by  Fortinet as a 668

issue a  diag cmd ATI ( attention identification/inquiry )

diag sys modem cmd ati

and then also use the

diag sys modem external

diag sys modem detect

You can also use the fnsysctl hidden command against the proc system and usb devices

e.g

fnsysctl cat  /proc/bus/usb/devices

NOTE: you need to enable the sys modem status enable which I believe you already done.

And then you build a custom modem entry. Once you build custom model profiles, you can pass this off and assigned it as your model.

config system 3g-modem custom

edit vend ZTE

set modem "MF190

set  vendor-id < the id you found here from any of the above ouputs>

set product-id < product id you found here from any of the above>

next

end

Afterwards it straight , setup and init straight an possible APN definition. You can use my post here on a typical setup. I find most huawei and simple and works with much ease than ZTEs.

http://socpuppet.blogspot.com/2014/07/how-to-use-huawei-unlock-3g-modem-from.html

if your still struggling which carrier issues, take the model and use a window or better yet a linux/macosx and issues the  at cmds;

atz

AT+CGDCONT=1,"APNname here"

atd *99N

And see if the model dial and any reported errors.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors