Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Manual uninstallation of FortiClient

Hi I have installed FortiClient 3.x on a Dell 700m laptop/WinXP and for some reasons, the installation was completed but on rebooting, I do not see my LAN connection (Forti Adapter appears to be disconnected in Network settings) I tried to uninstall FortiClient but installation was halted along the way with the - for which I had to power down the computer. Now, on restarting, there are some remaining part of FortiClient eg when accessing email in Outlook, it prompts for the installation EXE. Is there any way to manually remove FortiClient? I have tried to delete all files in Prg Files/FortiNET/FortiClient - but some files are in use and cannot be deleted. Thanks for your assistance
3 REPLIES 3
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

fortinet virtual adapter disconnected was not a problem after rebooting manual deleted files in windows it is; you´ll need some tool to remove windows software from registry to clean your machine andrepair the mess; for example, try with RegHealer. hope it helps

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

Thanks, But I was not able to access any resource on the LAN as the card appears not to be set up properly (IPCONFIG did not list the card - although it appears as connected in Control Panel - Network Connections). Any idea on how we could have resolved the issue? We have deleted the orphan entries manually in registry (searching for the FortiClient DLL eg fortiece) and the laptop appears better now! Thanks for your assistance
vanc
New Contributor II

That' s a known incompatibility issue. If you have another VPN client, for example, Cisco VPN client installed, your network connections will be lost after FortiClient installed. There is a workaround. Remove Cisco VPN client first, install FortiClient and then install Cisco VPN client. FortiClient 3.0 MR2 will be released today for public download. It has fixed the issue. The new release can co-exist with most other VPN clients.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors