Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TVW
New Contributor II

MacOs Sequoia (15.0) support for FortiClient VPN 7.4

MacOs Sequoia has changed to location of some of the security permission sets and the system extensions security profiles have changed. After installing 7.4.0.1645, the prompts to allow permissions takes a user to the permissions area where the defined permission set is no longer available to allow. You cannot continue beyond the FortiClient app prompt to change the security settings and the permissions cannot be given since the extension is not available to give permission to. 

Any word on a Sequoia compatible release?

1 Solution
AlexR3
New Contributor

Hi, I have found that to fix this you need to open 'Login items an extensions' within System Settings then open the 'Network Extensions' tab, you should then see FortiClient listed. If you enable the FortiClient switch, it will allow you to connect.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AlexR3
New Contributor

Hi, I have found that to fix this you need to open 'Login items an extensions' within System Settings then open the 'Network Extensions' tab, you should then see FortiClient listed. If you enable the FortiClient switch, it will allow you to connect.

I hope this helps.

Yannoo
New Contributor

With 7.2.3, all settings in 'Login items an extensions' >> 'Network Extensions' are switch on but forticlient doesn't work.

TVW
New Contributor II

AHA!!! brilliant. thank you. For those looking in Sequoia, its all the way down at the bottom of the list and like @AlexR3 mentioned its in the Network Extensions. in Sequoia you need to click the i (information) button and dialog box will come up. 
Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 10.56.38 AM.png

Thanks again @AlexR3 

BNF
New Contributor

Hi all and thx @TVW  and @AlexR3 - does anybody know to get FortiClientNetwork.app to the Network Extensions? Mine has only the FortiTray - which I have enabled. I can connect to the VPN successfuly, but no traffic is enabled/going through the VPN

Barr
New Contributor

It crashes (/Applications/FortiClient.app/Contents/Frameworks/FortiClient Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/FortiClient Helper) for me in 7.2.3.0822 in Electron Framework:  v8::internal::SetupIsolateDelegate::SetupHeap(v8::internal::Heap*)

magic2k
New Contributor

I also do not have Fortitray in network extension, and ForticlientNetwork.app also. How to get those 2 to network extensions?

Digitaltree
Visitor

I also do not have Fortitray in network extension, and ForticlientNetwork.app also.

When installing Forticlient VPN on Macos 15 I'm getting the message "Initialize VPN system extension was failed" when trying to connect to our VPN. Also fortiTray is nowhere to be found on Network extensions. Do you have any solutions? We tried uninstalling/restart/reinstall but the problem remains the same.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors