Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
natech
New Contributor

Load balancing with a real server on VPN

So I have a VLAN that my LDAP servers and FortiGate appliance are on, with a site-to-site VPN connection going to MS Azure. All traffic flows between the LDAP VLAN and the Azure VPN and things work as expected. But I wouldn' t be posting on here if all was well, would I? :) So I created a load balancing virtual ip which is NATed out to the internet for a vendor to authenticate against our LDAP. Behind it sit two real LDAP servers on the LDAP VLAN. Works perfectly. Health check works fine either by TCP port or by PING. HOWEVER, I have another LDAP server on the Azure VPN site which I' d like to add to the mix. Health check constantly reports that this server is down, whether I check via TCP or via ping. Bummer! The policy is set to allow traffic from the entire VLAN' s subnet to Azure, so the FortiGate should have no problem hitting that pesky LDAP server in Azure. Yet, it does. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors