Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
papapuff
New Contributor II

License

Hi there, hope I write on the correct sub forum. I just wondering, what is difference for: - forticare - fortiguard (seller usually sell bundled with forticare and fortiguard), - NGFW (forticare plus NGFW). just wondering what is the difference between them. I can ask the seller. but I just need objective opinion / answer. Believe this forum can give me objective view about them. thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
neonbit
Valued Contributor

The differences are pretty simple: FortiCare: This is for the support of the FortiGate. You will get access to the firmware images for upgrades, online ticket creation and phone support. FortiGuard: This is the collective name for the security subscription services of the FortiGate (Antivirus, AntiSpam, WebFiltering, Application Control, IPS). When you get a bundle you get the FortiCare + FortiGuard (ie: you get the support, plus the security subscriptions). Now not everyone wants/needs to get all the subscriptions. For this they have a few different bundle options available for all the bigger models (100D and up): NGFW: Includes the IPS and Application control subscriptions ATP: Includes Webfiltering and AntiVirus NGFW + ATP: Includes IPS, Application Control, Webfiltering and AntiVirus UTM: Includes IPS, Application Control, Webfiltering, AntiVirus *AND* AntiSpam All the above bundles comes with FortiCare (ie: support). Hope that helps!
papapuff
New Contributor II

hi, thanks for answer. so, I can make a summary, if vendor say: " NGFW, AV, Web Filtering and Antispam Services" this should be better (or more complete?) than vendor that say " Forticare and FortiGuard Bundle" ? Am I correct? thanks.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors