Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dmatta
New Contributor

Limit traffic bandwidth on VDOM interfaces bases

Hi all,

i need to limit the physical interface total bandwidth (1Gb for instance).

I have a firewall with 4 VDOMS, 1 root with the WAN interface and 3 VDOMS with the LAN interface. Of course the 3 VDOMS are sharing the same physical interface with 3 different VLANS.

I would like to limit the VDOMS access bandwidth, for exaple:

VDOM A ---- VLAN 10 ---- INT G1 --------- 100Mb

VDOM B ---- VLAN 11 ---- INT G1 --------- 10Mb

VDOM C ---- VLAN 12 ---- INT G1 --------- 50Mb

Does anyone did something similar?

Bye

D.

1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you looked at interface rate-limits?

e.g

config system interface     edit "vlan1"         set vdom "root"         set ip 10.33.220.1 255.255.254.0         set inbandwidth 10000         set outbandwidth 10000         set interface "port7"         set vlanid 222     next end

This along with vdom global resources show allow you to control the  vdom resources used.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you looked at interface rate-limits?

e.g

config system interface     edit "vlan1"         set vdom "root"         set ip 10.33.220.1 255.255.254.0         set inbandwidth 10000         set outbandwidth 10000         set interface "port7"         set vlanid 222     next end

This along with vdom global resources show allow you to control the  vdom resources used.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
dmatta
New Contributor

That's what i was looking for!!

Many thanks!!

D.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Just keep in mind if you do this over the interface in your widget, you will get a bar that shows the limits. Take this  setting ;

( 15mbps )

set inbandwidth 15000

set outbandwidth 15000

See jpg

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors