Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ashok-1234
New Contributor

Internet won't work in one ISP by connecting two ISP connected to Fortinet 40f

I have two Internet connection with different ip range, but I can able to access Internet with only one ip range.

Can any one guide me

6 REPLIES 6
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @Ashok-1234,

Can you make sure you have default routes for both ISP? Are you using SDWAN? Are you able to ping the default gateway? 

Regards, 

Ashok-1234

Hi,

Default routes are set for both ISP. We are not using SDWAN. I am unable to ping the default gateway's?

Even though when one ISP is working I am unable to ping the gateway.

hbac

@Ashok-1234,

Please provide the output of this command "get router info routing-table database". 

Regards, 

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

The best solution is to configure SD-WAN. Try follow the steps shown below:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.2/administration-guide/889544/sd-wan-quick-start

AEK
AEK
claydawg
New Contributor II

There are a few different things that could cause this. First, do you have a policy that permits traffic for BOTH internet interfaces (e.g. Permit LAN to ISP1 & Permit LAN to ISP2)? Second, do you have NAT enabled within those policies, assuming you're doing policy NAT? Third, do you have a static/default route for BOTH?

Also, are you trying to do any load balancing or is this an active/passive scenario? The following link provides a couple different load-balancing and failover scenarios and explains how to configure each of them. If you are attempting to load-balance, you may need to adjust the distance and priority settings on your static routes.

Also, should have said this at the top but try doing a source ping from each interface to the default gateway and make sure its reachable. (execute ping-options source <XYZ>)

FortiGate Dual internet connections - 7.2.6 

Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Just run a CLI to see the routing table "get router info routing-table all" the see what's at the top like below. You need to have two default routes to both interface one way or the other.

fg40f-utm (root) # get router info routing-t all
Codes: K - kernel, C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, B - BGP
O - OSPF, IA - OSPF inter area
N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1, N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2
E1 - OSPF external type 1, E2 - OSPF external type 2
i - IS-IS, L1 - IS-IS level-1, L2 - IS-IS level-2, ia - IS-IS inter area
* - candidate default

Routing table for VRF=0
S* 0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via x.x.x.x, ppp3, [1/20]
                   [1/0] via y.y.y.y, a, [1/1]
<snip>

Toshi