Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gobinda
New Contributor

Internet data not passing from firewall

Hi, I need help to configure my FortiGate 60F. We got an Internet Connection with static ip´s. When I connect the ISP to the WAN1 Port I can´t establish an internet connection. In the Firewall policy for test reasons i got one rule allowing all. But it´s not working. In the Routing section i got an rule with 0.0.0.0 and xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx as gateway. i'm trying to ping 8.8.8.8 from fortigate CLI console but it's showing not reachble 100% packet lose. Where´s my fault?
4 REPLIES 4
dbu
Staff
Staff

HI @gobinda ,

Can you ping the default gateway (ISP IP) ? 
Have you enabled NAT on the policy ?

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
gobinda
New Contributor

Hi @dbu 

i have tried to ping default gateway(ISP) but it's not heppening. 100% packet lose.

and I have enable NAT on policy.

But till internet is not passing..

dbu

It looks like a routing issue. 
Verify one more time the configs:

Routing: 

config router static
edit 1
set gateway 10.x.x.x.  >>> replace with the ISP IP address on the other side of the link. 
set device "port1"
next
end

Make sure PING is enabled on the interface :
config system interface
edit "port1"
set allowaccess ping 
next
end

Firewll policy 

From inside LAN to outside interface (wan toward the ISP) with NAT enabled (Use outgoing interface address)

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @gobinda,

If you can't ping the default gateway, it is a layer 2 issue. You can check the arp table by running 'get system arp', do you see an arp entry for the default gateway? You can also run sniffer on wan1 'di sniffer packet wan1 'none' 4 0 l'

Regards. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors