Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Andrei_Nitu
New Contributor

Import outside IP's into Fortigate Addresses

I have an issue with a customer that wants to import about 20k IP's into Fortigate. Until now he was using a Symantec to only allow access to these IP's, that have kept piling up for the last 10 years until they are about 30k of them. We will have to summarize and group them together into IP ranges until they reach the 20k address limit on the FG, but still, can anybody help me with a script to import so many IP's into FortiGate addresses so I can use them in a Policy?

I will mention that the customer does not want any other solution to the problem, he wants to import all these IP's.

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You may try to create a text file like :

config firewall address edit "ipv4_11_11_1" set subnet 11.11.1.1 255.255.255.255 next edit "ipv4_11_11_2" set subnet 11.11.1.2 255.255.255.255 next edit "ipv4_11_11_3" set subnet 11.11.1.3 255.255.255.255 next ....

end

Then go to FGT (v5.4) GUI:System->Advanced->Configuration Scripts, click " Uploda and Run a new Script", it will import your address to FGT. Thanks.

ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

A while ago I've posted a batch command file (Windows) for creating a command file from a list of IPs. Maybe this can help: https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=102532

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors