Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lokewing
New Contributor

Identity based policy missing

Dear all,

currently i have a fortigate 100d with firmware version v5.2.0,build0589. i planing to manage user policy with Identity based policy feature. but i unable found this when i configure my policy. Any one can teach me how to enable Identity based policy feature?

1 Solution
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

FortiOS 5.2.x , in contrary to 5.0.x or 4.3 do not use sub-policy levels for identity based policies.

It simply has users and groups as part of base match pattern aside to source/destination IP, Service etc. See GUI of the policy and "Source user(s)" selection box right within source identification.

I'd suggest to check FortiOS 5.2 Release Notes and What's new guide to get idea of auth differences between 5.0 and 5.2 style as the differ a lot.

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

FortiOS 5.2.x , in contrary to 5.0.x or 4.3 do not use sub-policy levels for identity based policies.

It simply has users and groups as part of base match pattern aside to source/destination IP, Service etc. See GUI of the policy and "Source user(s)" selection box right within source identification.

I'd suggest to check FortiOS 5.2 Release Notes and What's new guide to get idea of auth differences between 5.0 and 5.2 style as the differ a lot.

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

lokewing

xsilver wrote:

thanks!

alexyamil

xsilver wrote:

So, if i authenticate a user and i cant see it on the monitor user, what can i do ? Also, when i logon by FSSO it doesn't Monitor those users too.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors