Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Rajakumaran
New Contributor II

I want to customize the FortiAnalyzer report

We are planning to implement Dynamic IP pools for IoT users, where the same IP address may be assigned to different users at different times. In the FortiAnalyzer report for Top Applications Bandwidth by user drilldown, we want the report to generate double entries with timestamps for an IP address if it is assigned to both User 1 and User 2, and they use the same applications. To achieve this requirement, we need to modify the FortiAnalyzer report dataset's SQL query. Can anybody provide any inputs on this?

Note: The dynamic IP pools will be implemented on another firewall that is not directly connected to the FortiAnalyzer. However, our firewall is directly connected to FortiAnalyzer, and it receives IoT device traffic through an IPsec tunnel with users Source IP.

6 REPLIES 6
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

This is actually my problem with FortiAnalyzer, especially with such shockingly log queries, as the last time I used SQL was about 20 years ago. If you are not used with SQL then you will probably need the support of a DBA.

AEK
AEK
Rajakumaran
New Contributor II

How can i  contact them?

AEK

If you have one DB admin in your company that would be great, otherwise you will need to learn a bit of SQL.

AEK
AEK
Rajakumaran
New Contributor II

Certainly, I will learn, but since it's an urgent requirement that needs to be resolved quickly, could you please help write the query if you know how?

AEK

Unfortunately I didn't touch SQL since 20 years, as I said this is my biggest problem with FAZ. But I'm sure the SQL-experienced community members will help with pleasure.

AEK
AEK
Rajakumaran
New Contributor II

Ok, Thank you for your valuable inputs. I hope someone with SQL experience will reply soon.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors