Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mattw
New Contributor III

How to enable the "Always Up" feature silently from FortiClient EMS

Hello,

We are using FortiClient for SSL VPN, centrally managed via an EMS server.

I can't find a way of silently enabling the Always Up feature from EMS (so that if a user loses the network, FortiClient is automatically reconnect when the network is back up).

It seems that the only way to make this work is to edit the SSL VPN tunnel in EMS and check the "Show Always Up Option".
- Note: All this does is show an option for the end user to enable/disable the feature.

The end user then has to check the Always Up setting on their individual ForitClient instance.

I would have thought there would be a way of enabling this centrally in EMS.

Any ideas? Maybe I'm being blind and missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
Bean28
New Contributor

To provide an update we upgraded to 7.0.12 and the automatic reconnect of VPN connections is working as it did with version 7.0.7 with just the <keep_running> option. We did not need to be able to enable the Always Up checkbox. Not sure why it wasn't working with anything between 7.0.7 and 7.0.12 or why FortiNet support could not provide this as an option but we're just happy it is working. Hopefully it will continue to work as we look towards version 7.2.x or later.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors