Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mringcne
New Contributor

How to enable Port Forwarding Fortigate 60D 5.2.8/727 GA

Is there current documentation on how to do this?  I am new to the Fortigate and all the cookbook instructions and videos are for the older firmware, so the menus are different.  I found a port forwarding area within the virtual IPs, (there is no "Firewall Objects", this is separate in the GUI) and set that up, but it does not appear to work.  I cannot find the VIP policy setup in the GUI, etc.  It appears some of this has been streamlined.  Suggestions?  Thank you!  

5 REPLIES 5
Dr_Pepper
New Contributor II

I'm not very experienced here, but port forwarding wasn't too hard to configure on my 60D with the 5.4 Firmware using the new GUI (on 5.2.8 you actually have the old GUI).

After you created your Virtual IP you need to create a policy that accepts traffic to that virtual IP.

You can create one under "Policy & Objects > Policy > IPv4". As the "Destination Address" select the Virtual IP you created.

Hope this helps.

ede_pfau

to add: the policy is from 'wan' to 'internal', source addr is 'ALL', dest addr is the VIP, service matches port.

Note: you cannot test a port forwarding VIP with 'ping'! ping/ICMP is neither UDP nor TCP and doesn't use ports.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
NothingKai
New Contributor

Please help on FortiOS 5.4. Cannot use VIPs

NothingKai
New Contributor

Dear zhuni, Yes, I nat port 80, 21, 5060 in VIPs + policy on 5.2, it work perfect (but port 10000-16000 I cannot NAT for voip on this version). After I upgrade to 5.4 and not change config, check again, no port nat -_- Please help.
sachinkapoor
New Contributor

Hi 

Are you Logged in through Admin User because some of features will not appear if You logged in through different user

It will show only that features which are Allowed to your user 

All options will be visible if you logged in through ADMIN only 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors