Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bemf
New Contributor

High CPU Load - miglogd

Hi All, Please advise what this process is used for: " miglogd" Currently this process is consuming 96% CPU load, for the past two days. I need to identify root cause, therefore reluctant to go ahead and simply reboot the Firewall. If you are able to shed some light on this process, I would be most appreciative. Other responses that I have read, state the Firewall’s “Flash Disk” needs to be formatted in order to rectify the high CPU Load and return the miglogd process to the norm. What are the implications of formatting the Flash Disk? Regards, BEMF.
4 REPLIES 4
romanr
Valued Contributor

Hi, what Fortigate is this box and what firmware are you running? The miglogd has had some troubles on certain firmwares and also formatting the logdisk helps on some devices and firmware combinations! br, Roman
bemf
New Contributor

Thank you for the fast reply Roman. In response to your post: Firewall: FortiGate 80C Firmware Version: v4.0,build0632,120705 (MR3 Patch 8) The Firewall should not be under any load at all. I have configured Five Static Routes and Four Policy Based Routes. No AV; IPS or UTM enabled as yet. There is an IPSec VPN tunnel setup, between this FortiGate 80C and another FortiGate 110C. Do you know what this process, miglogd, is used for? I assume for logging of the sort, but would like to make sure...
romanr
Valued Contributor

Hi, miglogd should be responsible for moving log data to Fortianalyzer if I remember this correctly... 4.3.8 and any 4.3 before has some really critical bugs, so upgrading to 4.3.9 makes totally sense in any case!! If you don' t need the log-data/reports/wan-opt-data then just format your log disk - be prepared to have a downtime of a couple of minutes while the format runs!! br, Roman
bemf
New Contributor

Hi Roman, Thank you very much for your reply, it is appreciated. I will negotiate some downtime with business and attempt the format of the log disk. I will let you know of the outcome. Thanks again. Regards, BEMF.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors