Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mattias
New Contributor

Help with dataset needed

Hi there,

i need help configuring a new dataset in FortiAnalyzer 5.2.1. It is a very simple query but I don't get it running due to a lack of SQL knowledge

I need a dataset for dial-up vpn (sslvpn and ipsec vpn) which only should show username and date.

I tried with the query:

select from_dtime (dtime) as date, `xauthuser` as Benutzer, tunneltype from $log where (tunneltype= 'ssl-tunnel' or tunneltype='ipsec') and action='tunnel-up' order by date desc

Problem is that for sslvpn the user attribute is "user" and for ipsec vpn it is "xauthuser". So I need a query which gets the attribute "user" for sslvpn and attribute "xauthuser" for ipsec BUT the usernames from both sslvpn and ipsec needs to be put in the column "Benutzer".

Could you please help me? Thanks and Cheers,

Mattias

1 Solution
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hello,

How about this one?:

SELECT from_dtime (dtime) AS date, (CASE (`tunneltype`)   WHEN 'ssl-tunnel' THEN `user`   ELSE `xauthuser` END) AS Benutzer, `tunneltype` FROM $log WHERE $filter AND `subtype`='vpn' AND `action`='tunnel-up' AND `tunneltype` IN ('ssl-tunnel', 'ipsec') ORDER BY date DESC

AtiT

View solution in original post

AtiT
2 REPLIES 2
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hello,

How about this one?:

SELECT from_dtime (dtime) AS date, (CASE (`tunneltype`)   WHEN 'ssl-tunnel' THEN `user`   ELSE `xauthuser` END) AS Benutzer, `tunneltype` FROM $log WHERE $filter AND `subtype`='vpn' AND `action`='tunnel-up' AND `tunneltype` IN ('ssl-tunnel', 'ipsec') ORDER BY date DESC

AtiT

AtiT
Mattias
New Contributor

Works like a charm!

Lots of thanks @AtiT!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors