Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
imverylame
New Contributor

Can you do 802.1x auth on the wired ports of a 14C bridged to wan associated with a SSID?

I have:

Phone  ->  14C  ->   Internet  ->   1500C   ->  WLAN -> vlanXX

Laptop                                                           WLAN -> vlanYY

I have two WLAN's bridged over wan to 2 SSID's on a software switch, it works, problem is the WLAN does 802.1x, the LAN ports just drop me on the VLAN, and I can't have that...

What haven't I figured out yet?

Thanks,

JJ

4 REPLIES 4
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve with the phone and the 14c?

imverylame
New Contributor

Home worker, need to cert auth via 802.1x the phones that get backhauled to the office...  Looking at FGAP's as a potential solution.... I was hoping that bridge to ssid would do the same for the LAN side with the 802.1x config of the SSID...

edit "FAP14C-default" config lan set port-mode bridge-to-ssid set port-ssid "FN_WPA2" end

where...

edit "FN_WPA2" set vdom "root" set ssid "FN_WPA2" set security wpa2-only-enterprise set auth radius set radius-server "BLAH" next

Bromont_FTNT

Bridging LAN to WAN or to SSID does just drop you on the vlan/vap so this is expected behaviour.

imverylame
New Contributor

That would mean there is no way to protect the LAN side of the controller when the AP LAN ports are bridged - so physical access to the device is the only security control?

If this is the case, then they can NOT be the solution that i'm looking for...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors