Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ian_Harrison
New Contributor

Help with creating script to report on multiple banned words

Hi

I have a list of about 20 banned words that setup in a web filter and work fine.  What I want to do is to create a report on all those banned words to see who searched for them.  I have the following dataset that allows me to search for one banned word/s.  Is there a way to get it to read a list of words say inside a for loop?

Thanks for any help

Ian

select from_itime(itime) as timestamp, keyword, srcip, coalesce( nullifna(`user`), ipstr(`srcip`) ) as user_src, count(*) as requests from $log where $filter and lower(keyword) like '%example words%' group by keyword, timestamp, srcip, user_src order by timestamp

Web: www.activatelearning.ac.uk Twitter: twitter.com/activate_learn Facebook: facebook.com/Activate-Learning
1 REPLY 1
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Ian,

It is not recommend that user define their own functions in our DB, please put them in one query. You query looks good, but if you want to see count(*), you do not need timestamp. The query should be like:

select keyword, srcip, coalesce(nullifna(`user`), ipstr(`srcip`)) as user_src, count(*) as requests from $log where $filter and lower(keyword) in ('keyword1', 'keyword2'......) group by keyword, srcip, user_src order by requests desc

If you need wildcard, use: lower(keyword) similar to '%(keyword1|keyword2|...|keyword20)%'

regards,

hz

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors