Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ivo_Duarte
New Contributor

HA Master Fails to takeover the role

We have a new install that has not gone live yet. We have an active-active HA setup. When the units came up we found our designated Slave had the master role. Rebooting the slave or the master does not resolved this. The master has a higher priority. The sync seems to fail. Is there a way to force the master live short of rebooting?
2 REPLIES 2
Fullmoon
Contributor III

I have my own lab and I setup my HA A-A mode with " identical HA setting" including the Priority number

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Matthew_Mollenhauer
New Contributor III

There' s doco on the Fortinet site around HA: http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-high-availability-ha-2 There are a few factors that determine which unit becomes the master: 1. Connected Monitored Interfaces 2. Age 3. Device Priority 4. Serial Number Basically if you have more connected interfaces you' re the master. Then if interfaces are equal, it' s then how long since you lost an interface. Higher is better Then it falls to Device Priority. And finally if all else is equal then it' s based on serial number of the cluster members. Having said that the documentation also states:
Enabling the override HA CLI keyword makes changes in device priority more effective by causing the cluster to negotiate more often to make sure that the primary unit is always the unit with the highest device priority.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors