Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ABUELKHAIR
New Contributor III

Google suites Google Workspace keep disconnect me

I have FortiGate 61E and we use Google suites Google Workspace for our office email, chat, etc. 

We have wired issue that the Google Gmail, chat, etc. keep disconnect the users and they cant connect again, during that time all other sites will open with no issues! only Google work place including Gmail will stop working with the following error 

error massage.jpeg

We disabled all the UTM (WEB DNS SSL, IPS, etc. ) with no luck 

We replaced the FortiGate with new one that dose not have UTM licenses with no luck.

We replaced the switch as will 

We are using the FortiGuard DNS server, and we changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 with no luck 

its randomly happening 

if we did not do anything will resolve itself within few min 

Any suggestion 

8 REPLIES 8
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

Really need more information here.  Are you using any AD/user based rules?  Disabled Layer7 inspection features how?  Making a new policy?  Anything of suspect in the logs for this host?  Is there any host-level web filtering software?  

respoz
New Contributor

Hi friends...

Do you find any solution???

I have the same problem

sebagaba
New Contributor

Same Problem here. Has anyone found a solution?

akushwaha
Staff
Staff

Hi @ABUELKHAIR 

I understand you're facing issue with Google Workspace, to check further please provide below details:

1.Did you tried with different browser?
2. May I know the firmware version if FortiGate?
3. Was it working earlier?
4. Are you RST packet in logs or packet capture?
5. Is it disconnecting the user after a specific time or randomly?

Best Regards,
Abhimanyu

HarryKeith
New Contributor

Users, including myself, are facing intermittent disconnections from Gmail and chat services, as highlighted by the error message attached (error message.jpeg). Despite diligent efforts to troubleshoot, such as disabling all UTM features, replacing the FortiGate hardware, and switching heliocare DNS servers, but failed. 

jhonalone
New Contributor

Additional details are essential here. Are you employing any Active Directory or user-based rules? Could you elaborate on how you disabled Layer7 inspection features? Consider creating a new policy. Check the logs for any suspicious activities related to this host. Is there any web filtering software at the host level that might be influencing the situation for my site inshot apps?

malhyari
Staff
Staff

Since the issue happens and stays for few minutes. Your best option is to place captures on the endpoint having the issue and on the FortiGate firewall. Check out the followings:

1) is there any issue at TCP level 

2) Any packet drop that you can spot from the captures. 

3) Any decryption device at the network level or the endpoint level

BethanyIrene
New Contributor

Perform connectivity tests from your network to Google's servers to determine if there are any latency issues or packet loss affecting the connection. Use tools like ping, traceroute, or network monitoring software to diagnose any network issues. Apart from this, follow the updated bk menu price list and enjoy your favorite meals.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors