Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nsumner
New Contributor

Google Chrome SHA2 requirements

I have SSL Deep inspection enabled. I also happened to update from 5.2.9 to 5.4.3 Saturday night and I don't know if that is part of the problem. But on Google related sites (which makes little sense, it should happen on any site) I am getting an error because the certificate expires in 2017 but is SHA1. It is the cert issued by the Fortigate but it isn't giving an HSTS error (my first thought) the error is over SHA1. As far as I know the Fortigate still doesn't support SHA2 for SSL Inspection correct? The Certificate being used was issued to the Fortigate by my AD CA, and is trusted by all domain computers.

How can I resolve this issue?

1 REPLY 1
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

details?

[ul]
  • What error?[/ul][ul]
  •  hows the ssl inspection cfg details
  • is chrome only, MSIE, FF, Safari, opera? what versions ? ( eg chrome  ver 55 ? )[/ul][ul]
  • When in  2017 ( month ) ?
  •  is the error present, if not going thru the fortigate[/ul]

FWIW, the CA imposed  SHA2 but in reality not everything is SHA2 and sites and more important most management devices are still   SHA1. Also the browsers families and version will determine what and how the selectively "warn" when accessing the SHA1 websites

• PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors