Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
raymond2
New Contributor

From Cyberoam to Fortigate

Hi all,

At my office we are using Cyberoam CR200iNG and we would like to shift to Fortinet, can you please recommend the best replacement? And what are the extra features will we get from that device compare to that Cyberoam?

And also will it work in our other branches? Thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2
borderland
New Contributor

It looks like a 200D might work unless you need more AV throughput. Then a 300D might be better.  You didn't state requirements. I cannot speak to extra features but you can look at the literature and compare the differences. Talk to a Fortinet partner and see what you can get out of them.

ede_pfau

Right-sizing is a delicate business. I would not look at the Cyberoam's specs but at your actual requirements - currently and in the mid-future (5 years). Look at your WAN bandwidth, the number of site-to-site IPsec VPNs, the number of concurrent SSL-VPN users, the approximate no. of sessions, no. or hardware ports needed, internal disk or not (for local logging), figures like these.

And then have a look at the hardware features here: http://www.fortinet.com/p...rtiGate-300-500-Series

It would certainly be a mid-range Fortigate, like the 200D, 300D or 400D. But initial costs and yearly fees vary a lot between these models, by 100% and more.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors