Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jasys
New Contributor

Fortiwifi 60E SSID not broadcasting

I recently moved my fortiwifi unit out to my garden office, and needed to enable the WIFI, it worked a months back, but as I didnt need it, I disabled the interface.

I have just enabled it again, with dhcp and set it to broadcast. NOTHING! I cannot pick up the SSID? I created a new one for testing and the same. Interface is enabled, and from the CLI you can see its set to broadcast enable. Really confused as to why it wont broadcast. Any suggestions (please do not ask to reboot, this has been done)

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Did you check the country setting? I think this is a prerequisite to sending and might have been reset when the IF was disabled.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Jasys
New Contributor

Well its bizarre! The country setting was set to the US, but this wasn't the issue. I remember disabling the interface and when I re-enabled it, the WIFI LED wasn't flashing. I went to feature select and enabled WIFI-SWITCH CONTROLLER (Only used if you have Forti-APs). Anyway this kick started the WIFI LED and I could then see my SSIDs.

Turned the feature back off as I don't have APs, and my SSIDs were still broadcasting. So it is fixed. I did a bit of digging and found that, when I disabled the Interface and Feature it  must of "set wireless-controller disable" Enabling the Feature in the GUI must of re-enabled it. That's my guess!

Thanks for your suggestion though.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors