Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
The_Nude_Deer
Contributor

Fortiweb not forwarding to single back end server.

Really simple set up. I have a VIP which is just the interface (PORT 3) and I have a policy, that uses the VIP and a server pool of 1 backend web server, which is on the same VLAN, (one arm deployment I believe its called) this server is up and listening on port 80, the FWEB does nothing with it, so I must of missed something simple?
I do a capture, and can see the client come in, targeting port 8080. I see the 3-way handshake, but nothing get sent to the backend webserver?
I can ping the web server and do a telnettest on port 80 and it comes back "connected" really struggling to see whats wrong, back end server pool is all correct and listening on port 80
any silly mistakes I may have made?
1 Solution
The_Nude_Deer
Contributor

Issue us resolved, thanks for your time, default Mgmt port is 8080, the same port used for Proxy listening! i changed this in settings to 8081 to free up 8080 to be used as the HTTP listener, the back end wasnt recieving traffic, as it was MGMT traffic! bit daft why it would use 8080 as the default HTTP for manangement!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
brukeo6
New Contributor

Maybe I'm not so smart but you can't send and receive traffic on the same interface and VLAN. Surely your broadcast domain either forwards on layer 2 or routes it to a different IP out a different interface/VLAN?

https://19216811.cam/ https://1921681001.id/
The_Nude_Deer

Yes you can, its called one arm proxy, the web server and VIP can be in the same VLAN  / IP Range.

The_Nude_Deer
Contributor

Issue us resolved, thanks for your time, default Mgmt port is 8080, the same port used for Proxy listening! i changed this in settings to 8081 to free up 8080 to be used as the HTTP listener, the back end wasnt recieving traffic, as it was MGMT traffic! bit daft why it would use 8080 as the default HTTP for manangement!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors