Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
connor12568
New Contributor

Fortinet 60D port-forwarding help (NAT issue, xbox360) (Willing to pay for services)

Make/Model: Fortinet 60D

Issue: I'm having trouble port-forwarding to my Xbox. No matter what I do it seems as though it doesn't work because my NAT type stays moderate, my goal is to get it to open. I need help with port-forwarding and also using MAC addresses to assign a permanent static IP to my Xbox. Please. if anyone can help me. I've been attempting things for months and am at my wits end.

Note: I am not technologically savvy when it comes to this sort of router, so if anyone has a solution please "dumb it down" for me, haha.

Any help is much appreciated and I hope to get this fixed, thank you.

~ Connor

Edit: Willing to pay for services.

1 Solution
MikePruett

Every xbox I have ever configured has come back as moderate. Manly because NAT is occurring. The only time I have ever got one to NOT be like that is when it was plugged directly into the modem and receiving the IP direct.

View solution in original post

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
4 REPLIES 4
fortitech
New Contributor

Are you still needing assistance?

connor12568

Yes sir
MikePruett

Every xbox I have ever configured has come back as moderate. Manly because NAT is occurring. The only time I have ever got one to NOT be like that is when it was plugged directly into the modem and receiving the IP direct.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
yashcparmar
New Contributor

Hi,

You cannot Bind Public IP address with MAC Address. Though you can ask your ISP to give you an Static IP Address.

If you have an static Public IP Address:

1) Create a Virtual IP Address:

edit "XBOX"         set extip x.x.x.x ==> Static Public IP Address         set extintf "any"         set portforward enable         set mappedip x.x.x.x ==> Private IP Address assigned to XBox         set extport 21         set mappedport 21     next end 2) Create policy:

config firewall policy     edit 0         set name "XBOX_Policy"         set srcintf "wan1"         set dstintf "internal"         set srcaddr "all"         set dstaddr "XBOX"         set action accept         set schedule "always"         set service "ALL"     next end

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you do not have a static Public IP Address then:

1) Create a Virtual IP Address:

edit "XBOX"         set extip 0.0.0.0         set extintf "any"         set portforward enable         set mappedip x.x.x.x ==> Private IP Address assigned to XBox         set extport 21     ==> for specific port forwarding.

set mappedport 21          Do not use "set extport" and "set mappedport" if you want to forward all ports.     next end 2) Create policy:

config firewall policy     edit 0         set name "XBOX_Policy"         set srcintf "wan1"         set dstintf "internal"         set srcaddr "all"         set dstaddr "XBOX"         set action accept         set schedule "always"         set service "ALL"     next end

Try this. Let me know if this helps.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors