Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mhe
Contributor II

Fortimail 5.3.5 and PAID Fortisandbox.Cloud!!

I've upgraded our Fortimail to 5.3.5. We have a valid Fortisandbox.Cloud Contract - now with 5.3.5 we can only send 100 Samples per day!! Level 1 Support says that this is per design! So be carefull when upgrading!!

On the Dashboard:

"Legacy FortiSandbox cloud service is used. Please activate FortiCloud as soon as possible!"

1 Solution
mhe

I can confirm that 5.3.6 fixes the issue of limiting Sandbox.Cloud uploads to 100.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

As part of the upgrade you will be transferred to the main FortiCloud platform.  This is part of the standard subscription, there is no cost for this and it gives a significant additional level of benefit including:

[ul]
  • Statistical submission reports
  • Detailed threat reports [/ul]

Carl

• Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

mhe

Thanks Carl - but I'm still unshure what I have to do. I need to know what the Submission Limits for Fortimail 200D are and how I can get back to a larger limit (currently 100 / day).

My box has a active Fortiguard and a active Fortisandbox Cloud subscription.

mhe
    Contributor II

No answer from Fortinet on how to get more submissions back. No answer on the Limits.

:(

Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Sorry for the delay in responding.   To register with FortiCloud you need to click  the FortiCloud [Activate] link under System Status > License Information and follow the registration instructions.

However, we have detected that some accounts are being put into a Trial Contract (100 submission limit) rather than their paid for mode following registration.  I have raised Bug ID: 0390037 to track this and we are aiming for a release to resolve this around the middle of next week.

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

mhe

Thanks for your Feedback Carl. My Account is definitifely affected by this bug as I've already connected this box to a Forticloud Account.

Kind regards,

martin

Anonymous2
    New Contributor

This is what I got in the Fortinet support ticket:

I understand you concern is about FortiSandbox Cloud service will be limited from 5.3.5.  I understand that the Admin guid does not have the numbers that is assigned per device.  Since these changes are in evaluation process, the values may be changed. Values will communicated in the next release.  For more information on how to apply for the FortiSandbox please follow the article below.  [link]https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=141380 [/link] Please take note that there is a known issue, when trial account with a maximum of 100 submits could be applied to the device instead of the paid one. Investigation is underway and fix will be provided. 

Holy

Thank you Guys for that thread. i wanted to upgrade Today :)

now i better wait till this bug is fixed.

This is actually a no GO! My Customers have like 100 - 200 Zero Days, Crypto Trojaner etc. per Day that will be catched by FortiSandbox Cloud, so if they now had only 100 Files a day that would mean a huge Risk for entire company...

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
    Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Release 5.3.6 has been uploaded to the support site and resolves Bug ID: 0390037 where some customers licensed services were not correctly transferred (the 100 user limit issue).

Holy

Carl Windsor wrote:

Release 5.3.6 has been uploaded to the support site and resolves Bug ID: 0390037 where some customers licensed services were not correctly transferred (the 100 user limit issue).

Thanks for the info, but what about the limits now? where can we find the limits?

will the versions before 5.3.5 still be unlimited ?

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
    Carl_Windsor_FTNT

>Thanks for the info, but what about the limits now? where can we find the limits?

I will request that the limits are added to the admin guide ASAP.

>will the versions before 5.3.5 still be unlimited ?

Yes, but there are significant benefits to the FortiCloud integration including statistical reports and detailed malware detection reports.

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors