Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kykeon
New Contributor

Fortigate ISP routed public subnet / DMZ (migrating from Sonicwall)

Hi all,

We are in the process of migrating a multi-tenant network from an old Sonicwall and looking for better alternatives.

I really want to give Fortigates a go but i'm unsure whether it will satisfy our requirements, could not find config examples online.

The public subnets we are given by the ISP are:

Public main WAN subnet 1: 1.0.0.0/29

Public ISP routed subnet 2: 2.0.0.0/30

Public ISP routed subnet 3: 3.0.0.0/30

I've assigned subnets 2 & 3 to tenants' 2 & 3 gateway device, for example tenant 3 has a Draytek sitting behind the Sonicwall with a public IP address of 3.0.0.2 on it (3.0.0.1 is the Sonicwall). We needs to be able to do his own NAT.

The way I've done this on the Sonicwall is shown here: http://help.sonicwall.com/help/sw/eng/6500/25/9/0/content/Ch27_Network_Interfaces.031.39.html

Is there any way of doing this on the Fortigate and have a public subnet assigned to an internal host/VLAN/interface while bypassing the WAN interface's NAT?

Thanks for your time.

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Simple. Create a set of policies without NAT for both directions. Since those are directly connected, you don't need any additional routing other than the default route. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Simple. Create a set of policies without NAT for both directions. Since those are directly connected, you don't need any additional routing other than the default route. 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors