Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nicoco59
New Contributor

Forticlient Configurator : Operation Failed

Hello,

We are trying to configure a forticlient 5.4. 

We use the forticlient configurator and here are the  forticlient execution messages : 

C:\Users\hexanet\AppData\Local\Temp\FortiClientConfigurator\fcconfigmsi.exe -m "C:\Users\hexanet\Desktop\Outils Fortinet\Version 5.4\FortiClientConfigurator\data\x86.dat" -c "C:\Users\hexanet\Desktop\Outils Fortinet\test-54-ck.conf" --CUSTOMIZATIONKEY "C:\Users\hexanet\Desktop\Outils Fortinet\EFCT103001549800.lic" -o "C:\Users\hexanet\Desktop\Outils Fortinet\Version 5.4\FortiClientConfigurator\FortiClient_repackaged\5.4.0.0780-AllFeatures-SWUpdateOff_01_12_2015_10_07_52\x86" 

Command executed successfully.

C:\Users\hexanet\AppData\Local\Temp\FortiClientConfigurator\fcconfigmsi.exe -m "C:\Users\hexanet\Desktop\Outils Fortinet\Version 5.4\FortiClientConfigurator\data\x64.dat" -c "C:\Users\hexanet\Desktop\Outils Fortinet\test-54-ck.conf" --CUSTOMIZATIONKEY "C:\Users\hexanet\Desktop\Outils Fortinet\EFCT103001549800.lic" -o "C:\Users\hexanet\Desktop\Outils Fortinet\Version 5.4\FortiClientConfigurator\FortiClient_repackaged\5.4.0.0780-AllFeatures-SWUpdateOff_01_12_2015_10_07_52\x64"

*** Operation Failed! ***

Why did it fail for 64 bits ?

Best Regards,

Nick

1 REPLY 1
ergotherego
Contributor II

Were you able to get this working?

I am having this issue, except it fails at the first step of installing the x86 version. I am guessing it is because I only have the x64 version installed locally.

Not sure if the tool is removing the temp files after failing, because the file fcconfigmsi.exe doesn't exist in that path, or anywhere on my machine.

Edit:

I was able to get this working. I moved all files (FortiClientConfigurator folder, license file, and backup file) to C:\tmp and it worked for both processor versions.

http://help.fortinet.com/fclient/olh/5-4-1/Content/FortiClient-5.4-Admin/1500_Custom%20Installation/...

Windows has a hard limit of 260 characters on file path length. It is recommended to run the FortiClient Configurator tool in a shallow directory structure, such as c:\temp\, to avoid hitting the hard limit.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors