Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
qsosan
New Contributor

Fortiap dhcp issue

Am connecting my fortiap directly to fortigate interface (vlan switch) with name of Data and vlan 5, the interface have dhcp sever enabled, and I have created ssid with vlan 5 so it will be on data vlan and assign ip from dhcp server,

I have the fortiap authorized and had an ip from vlan 5 dhcp, but when a client connected to ssid it will not obtain an ip and instead had apipa address, any ideas on how to get it fixed? 

4 REPLIES 4
navellano
Staff
Staff

Hi qsosan

Good day! 

According to the issue description, I understand you are having trouble obtaining an IP address from your DHCP server via VLAN5. 

When a DHCP server is unavailable, a machine system is typically assigned an APIPA address. 

Please see the documentation below to perform some dhcp debug commands to diagnose the problem. 

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Diagnosing-DHCP-on-a-FortiGate/ta-p/192960

Thank you,

qsosan
New Contributor

Hello navellano ,

Thanks for your reply ,

DHCP server is available and assigning address , as i mentioned AP itself assigned an ip from same DHCP pool , however client is not assigning an IP . 

I will run some debugs and write it here , 

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @qsosan,

Is your SSID in tunnel or bridge mode? Have you set the 'Optional VLAN ID' to 5? 

Regards, 

qsosan
New Contributor

Hello hbac ,

Yes its in bridge mode and optional vlan was set to 5 ,

The issue resolved after i had set the vlan on data interface to 0 along with optional vlan on SSID to 0 .

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors