Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jack00
New Contributor

FortiWLM 8.6-4 on Proxmox 7.2-3

Hello all,

I've been trying to config FortiWLM 8.6-4 as a VM in Proxmox 7.2-3 with very different settings. Official FortiWLM Proxmox guide (Fortinet's own guide) isn't available, I've been composing from different sources my own and would love to share also, if I succeeded deploying this in Proxmox.

Basics go fine, OVA, VMDK etc images are nicely imported eg. with a qm importdisk 212 forti-wlm-8.6-4build-6-x86_64-disk1.vmdk local-zfs --format qcow2 command to VM id 212 in .qcow2 format and then added as a SCSI or IDE disk.

Every time so far, FortiWLM VM ends to a boot loop, last lines before a new reboot in the picture below

Jack00_0-1665829468751.png

One of my numerous unsuccesful settings below

Jack00_1-1665829982169.png

Would you have any ideas what to try next? Maybe installing an Ubuntu 16.04 KVM as VM in proxmox and deploy there :)

Br Matti

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Jack00,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Jack00

Update, FortiWLM's virtual image does the same in Virtualbox or Hyper-V as well. Ends to the very same boot loop.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors