Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

FortiManager and FortiGate cannot communicate

Hi, We are facing an issue with a FMG400A since the upgrade in version 4.0 MR2 patch 1. The FG 50A, 200A, 100A devices can' t be reached by the FortiManager (13 devices). The " retrieve" commande gives us the following error message : " Cannot communicate with remote device (tunnel is down)" These devices are in FortiOS 3.0 MR7 Patch 9 (which should be supported). We also have FG 50B and Fortianalyzer 100B in FortiOS 3.0, but these devices are correctly synchronized. For your information, these devices were correctly synchronized when FortiManager was in version 3.0 MR7 Do you have some hint to solve my prob ? Regards,
3 REPLIES 3
jpforcioli_FTNT

Hi, Did you check this: http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?popup=true&externalID=FD30157&languageId= Best Regards.
Jean-Pierre FORCIOLI
ShrewLWD
Contributor

Hi rleroy, I get that same message from time to time since installing that same patch, and rather than pull my hair out, I simply delete the device from the Fortimanager, then wait the requisite amount of time (usually less than 60 min) for it to call back to the Fortimanager, then promote it back. It seems quite happy after that. I don' t recall having the issue twice with the same device. I have 100 50B' s (some fortigate, some fortiwifi), and all are between 4.0 build 185 and 205, so its not the fact that your client boxes are on build 3.0.
red_adair
New Contributor III

Make sure o the FortiGate under System->Admin->Central management the [] enable Central management Box is checked.... Otherwise FortiGate will reject the Query from FortiManager on tcp/541. The initial discovery process is using ssh, but the real commnication (once discovered) will happen over that special channel. -R.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors