Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
angar
New Contributor

FortiGate HA with "FortiSwitch two-tier topology"

Hello, I have set up two FortiGate 600E in an active-passive cluster. These are also displayed as syncron.

On port X1 there is a FortiLink in aggregate mode and connected to the FortiSwitch:

Active X1 <-> FortiSwitch port 25

Passive X1 <-> FortiSwitch port 26

The Fortiswitch currently only has the function of connecting the old switch world to the new one, which is connected to port 24.

FortiSwitch port 24 <-> old HP Core switch

In the switch manager in the GUI, the same serial number is displayed on port 25 and 26 as a FortiLink connection.

I have today disconnected the Active firewall from the power supply as a test today. According to the logs, the passive switched to the active and took over everything as planned, but the network was down. I guess the FortiSwitch doesn't recognized the failover?

https://vlc.onl/
1 REPLY 1
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @angar,

Your setup is correct. When the network is down, did you check if you can ping the FortiGate from computers behind the HP switch? 

Regards, 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors