Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Wuschy
New Contributor

FortiGate 60D Site-to-Site VPN loses VoIP packets

Hi all,

I'm very new to this forum so I want to say hello to everyone first and I'd be very happy if I can get some help here :)

We have 4 Sites, all connected to each other (mesh) via Site-to-Site IPsec VPN Tunnels. Everything works without problems except one thing:

Let's say site B is using VoIP phone system over site A. In site A all phones are working without interruptions, but site B faces the issue of phones go offline and then reconnecting themselves. I monitored with the sniffing option and found that VoIP packets some-when just aren't transmitted for at least 40s. Usually it's running fine, they can do phone calls etc. but then irregularly packets aren't sent anymore.

I've monitored the connection between the phone system (192.168.8.30) and one desk phone (192.168.12.50). In the attached picture you can see the packets which are transferred (left side is site A, right side is site B).

For any help to find out more about this problem I'd be very happy as this is very annoying :(

If you need more information, just let me know! The tunnels are set up to allow traffic between sites without any logging / filters or anything like this. The only thing is a traffic shaper which gives priority to the VoIP.

Thanks and best regards

Wuschy

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Are there any bandwidth saturation points in-between? In other words, when you keep pinging one subnet to the other, do you lose any responses when VoIP packets stop flowing?

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
MikePruett

Yeah, I'm scratching my head on this one. Fortinet Support may be of more use than we are, mainly because they can jump in remotely and troubleshoot with you while the issue persists.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Wuschy

Hm OK, thanks for feedback! Maybe one of you have another hint for me regarding the ticket:

The Fortigates are registered to my re-seller, so I can't register them by myself. But I want to pass over my re-seller, how can I raise a ticket then?

Thanks and best regards

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors