Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
igtoideno
New Contributor

FortiEDR on Personal Work Computer

I am a IT contractor. I run my own business. I work for several clients. One client is insisting I install FortiEDR on MY company laptop. Laptop that is my property. This is as far as I understand to securely connect to SSL Web Portal and then connect to "JumpBox" where I do work for them.

What have read about the kind of information FortiEDR collects and send to my client to ensure some form of security, I dont feel comfortable with this. I know most System Administrators don't bother looking at everyone's **bleep**. My uTorrent dont work anymore. And my connections to other clients' Azure Firewall are also not working.

According to them this is the only way forward from now on.

Should I be concerned? I even demanded they then supply me with a company laptop.

VidMate Mobdro
1 REPLY 1
btan
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Installing FortiEDR on a personal laptop (private property) seems inappropriate.

The admin of FortiEDR can technically know what program you have installed, what version are they, what specific program you are trying to run.

They can even block certain app, say Chrome if you are not on the latest version, forcing you to update any app.

You cannot uninstall FortiEDR without their password.

IMO you should really demand a company laptop if they insist using FortiEDR.

Regards,
Bon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors