Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Randall_Farr
New Contributor

FortiCloud logging stops after 5.0->5.21 upgrade (solved)

Last night I performed an upgrade of my 60D from firmware 5.0 to 5.21. The upgrade seemed to go successfully with no immediate indication of troubles. However, today when I tried to click the FortiCloud ' Launch Portal' button from the FortiGate' s dashboard, I got a the following failure: Firefox can' t establish a connection to the server at fams.fortinet.com. Also, under Log & Report -> Log Config -> Log Settings, under ' Send Logs to FortiCloud' , clicking the ' Test Connectivity' resulted in a failure message. From the CLI I did the following:
config log fortiguard setting
 get
which returned:
status              : enable
 upload-option       : realtime
 enc-algorithm       : default
 source-ip           : 0.0.0.0

It appears that the source-ip was cleared during the upgrade, though I could not find mention of this in the 5.2 upgrade release notes. Setting the source-ip to the correct IP addresses resolved the issues. Hope this helps someone!
5 REPLIES 5
YtseJam
New Contributor III

HI,

Regarding this issue of yours, what ip must be used as source ip for the forticloud?

Regards,

Jam

CBaezLe
New Contributor III

Randall Farr wrote:
Last night I performed an upgrade of my 60D from firmware 5.0 to 5.21. The upgrade seemed to go successfully with no immediate indication of troubles. However, today when I tried to click the FortiCloud ' Launch Portal' button from the FortiGate' s dashboard, I got a the following failure: Firefox can' t establish a connection to the server at fams.fortinet.com. Also, under Log & Report -> Log Config -> Log Settings, under ' Send Logs to FortiCloud' , clicking the ' Test Connectivity' resulted in a failure message. From the CLI I did the following:
get
which returned:
upload-option : realtime
enc-algorithm : default
source-ip : 0.0.0.0
It appears that the source-ip was cleared during the upgrade, though I could not find mention of this in the 5.2 upgrade release notes. Setting the source-ip to the correct IP addresses resolved the issues. Hope this helps someone!

Thank you! I had this issue for over 3 months and today I came across this post, now it's solved!

Cheers!

Randall_Farr
New Contributor

In response to YtseJam's question, I went back and looked at my config to see what I changed the sourec-ip value to. I believed that I had set it to the FortiGate's LAN IP address. I was surprised to find that it is currently set to:

I went back and reviewed my config backup files for the last few months and cannot find an instance where the 'config log fortiguard' setting includes anything other than:

set status enable
end

At this point I can only guess that my previous attempt to set the source-ip was the equivalent of 'jiggling the handle' which got logs flowing again. Seeing as how attempting to set the source-ip did not result in the data being saved to the config, I hereby retract my earlier assertion that  setting the correct IP address here is the real fix for this issue.

CBaezLe- can you check your config file to see if you were actually able to set the source-ip?

YtseJam
New Contributor III

Hi Randall Farr,

Thank you for the information you'd shared to us. 

Cheers

CBaezLe
New Contributor III

Randall Farr wrote:

In response to YtseJam's question, I went back and looked at my config to see what I changed the sourec-ip value to. I believed that I had set it to the FortiGate's LAN IP address. I was surprised to find that it is currently set to:

I went back and reviewed my config backup files for the last few months and cannot find an instance where the 'config log fortiguard' setting includes anything other than:

set status enable
end

At this point I can only guess that my previous attempt to set the source-ip was the equivalent of 'jiggling the handle' which got logs flowing again. Seeing as how attempting to set the source-ip did not result in the data being saved to the config, I hereby retract my earlier assertion that  setting the correct IP address here is the real fix for this issue.

CBaezLe- can you check your config file to see if you were actually able to set the source-ip?

Hi Randall.

Yes, I was able the change the source-ip. 

FG (setting) # get
source-ip : 192.168.0.254

FG (setting) # set source-ip 0.0.0.0

FG (setting) # get

FG (setting) # end

Now I'm changing it back to 0.0.0.0 to run some test. I'll let you guys know how it went.

Cheers

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors